Erin

Erin

Monday, April 13, 2015

Missionsarbeit macht Spaß!

Missionary work is so fun! This week we decided just to make missionary work fun. Sister Bunderson made cookies this last week to take to people and that is exactly what we did. Monday night we had about 30-40 min before we had to be home and we decided that a brother in our ward needed cookies and a spiritual thought. We were in town so in a race against the clock, we went home, frosted cookies, looked up his address, found his appartment, shared a spiritual thought in the doorway since we couldnt go in and got back home and we were only like 10 min after 9! It was awesome!

Also this week, Sister Bunderson decided to stop eating sugar. The only problem is that every week we visit an older member ,Schwester Jäkel, who cant come to church any more. She always makes us eat a whole thing of cookies. Sister Bunderson didnt want to eat the cookies, but she didnt want me to have to eat all of them and if we dont eat them Schwester Jäkel makes us eat them so Sister Bunderson would pretend to eat them then throw them in her bag! Schwester Jäkel didnt even notice!! I was trying so hard not to laugh!

Today I climbed the Kölner Dome. It is really tall! I was doing ok with heights then everyone got ahead of me and I got left alone. Then Sister Bunderson, Sister Parker and Sister Heywood came and found me. It is really cool. You go up then you can walk around the outside. I´ll have to do it another time because I just went up and then Sister Bunderson didnt want me to freak out again so I didnt go all the way around. I think I could probably do it if I went slow. It was way cool though! And the weather today is so nice. And I got to wear pants!!!! Really thats all that matters is the pants. I think it could be a terrible p-day, but if we get to wear pants its the best day ever!

It is so pretty here right now. Did you know there is this thing called spring when all the flowers bloom and the weather is nice and it isnt hot? I have discovered this time of year and it is really pretty in Germany. All the cherry trees in Alt Stat are blooming and my pictures dont even look that good! The streets are just lined with pink trees! It is so cool!

Cool story for the week! So a while ago, we met this girl named Bonciana. She speaks English like everyone else we talk to (eventually I will have to learn German) She was really interested, but everytime we tried to set up an appointment with her she said she was too busy. We kind of forgot about her until like last week when we ran into her on a bus. Turns out she really was just way busy. She works 2 jobs and goes to school. We tried again to meet with her but nothing worked. Then we ran into her again on a bus! Then we set up a time to meet finally this week, but we were so busy we had to cancel to catch a bus. On our way to the bus we ran into her again! Then the next day we ran into her again on the street! We just laugh now every time we see her! It is so funny. And we know it is supposed to happen, because every time we run into her, it is because Sister Bunderson decides to take a different road, or we really prayerfully selected an area we needed to be in to visit people. It is so cool! We will hopefully meet with her this week and actually have a lesson with her. She is way nice. 

Have an awesome week everyone! Ich liebe euch! 

Liebe

Sister Carroll

PS on my email: Also forgot in the big email but I found starr in my dictionary! It means stiff or rigid. so...... 
Temple pic from a while ago but Im just now getting it to you. Sorry

Awesome Ostern package from the best Familie in the world! It was much appreciated. The CDs are playing constantly when we are not studying or planning. 

really pretty night. I bet you cant guess that we got rained on :) Suprisingly we get rained on a lot, but  I have only been dripping wet once so....


our guinea pig friends!!! 

I forgot to tell you! We hung out with Frauke last week for P-day! We went to the history museum in Bonn. It was a way cool museum! Frauke doesnt know I took this picture though. (Hehe) She was pretending to be in charge of Germany or something like that. I was just being annoying. So nomal stuff right?

This is called spring. It exists in places other than Arizona. It is quite beautiful. 

in the dome

At the top of the Kölner Dome. It was really high. (sorry bad picture. I really didnt want to get any closer to the edge than I had to)

No comments:

Post a Comment