Well his week was defiantly more eventful. I don't really remember
what we did earlier this week, but this weekend has been cool.
This week was really just me having to grow up as a missionary.
Thursday was my year mark. That was super weird. I have been away from
home for over a year now. Weird.
Friday I got a call from president. There are 4 new sisters coming in.
And president has asked if I would train one of them. So as to who my
new companion is, I have no idea. And I won't know until Wednesday.
Wednesday I will travel to Frankfurt wi sister Sant who is also
training. Then we will spend the night there and come back Thursday.
Training means that for he first time on my mission, I will have been
on my mission longer than my companion. For the first time I will be
looked to as actually knowing what I am doing. Training also means
that I will be in Herne for the next 2 transfers! Don't have to worry
about next transfer call!
Saturday we had Indian food with Sahitya. It was really good. She
tried to teach sister Schuring how to eat with her hands. Apparently
she does it wrong.
Sunday it snowed! We woke up Sunday morning and there was snow! It was
awesome! I was so excited! I think the best was watching schwester
Deoring walking around outside grabbing snow off of cars and bushes
and eating it. It was so funny!
The day we went and met with Nan so sister Schuring could say good by.
During that lesson a lady came up to us and told us that she is a
member but hasn't gone to church in a long time, because where she
lives, the church is really far. She told us that her friend that
introduced her to the church recently told her to start going to
church. Then she saw our name tags today and felt like she should talk
to us. It was super cool! Then we went shopping and spied on the
elders. We waved at them and they didn't see us, so we took creepy
stocker pictures of them. Then we walked home using a garbage bag to
carry all our groceries and eating bread and frisch käse. It was a
strange morning.
This week has just been really interesting. The story of Peter walking
on the water in Mathew 14 has really been on my mind this week. I just
want to share it with everyone. Then bishop shared it in church
yesterday so I can't really share it with members any more, but thats
ok. I really like how in the story, Peter walks on he water. In his
mind everything is perfect. Everything is going exactly how he wants.
Then he sees the heftig winds. Then he realizes that the world around
him isn't perfect. His view of the world completely changes. He has to
once again focus on Christ to keep from feeling like he is sinking. I
feel like so often I fall into the trap at looking at where I am at
and thinking that it is perfect. I am isolated in my bubble and Satan
can't get me. Then I take a moment to look around and it gets scary.
But it is ok, because all we have to do is call for Christ and he will
reach out to us sofort. I think that's just so cool.
I hope you have a good week! Ich liebe euch!
Sister Carroll
| We ran into our investigator Schwester Ersoy and sister Schuring likied that we had similar hats. |
| This random lady always gives us candy. I don't know her name. |
| We had a lesson with Andre and the Riebes |
| SNOW!!!!!!!! |
| Masud is an investigator from Iran.he made us food yesterday. It was super good. |
| Us stocking the elders |
| Tante Inge und Schwester Doering |
| Awesome ward members! |
No comments:
Post a Comment