Erin

Erin

Monday, July 4, 2016

Bis auf Wiedersehen

This week. This week was terrible. I think God was making me grateful
I am going home. We had nothing and what we did have fell out. Finals
start this week so everyone was studying last week.  Our week
consisted of a whole day of contacting with the elders, riding our
bikes up a giant hill, and walking around in the middle of nowhere for
2.5 hours because we were too lazy to go home and get our bikes.
Basically we were both very done with missionary work by Thursday.
But then everything got awesome! Friday we went to Nürnberg. There we
quazi had a district meeting, very kurz, but still happened. Then we
got together with the whole zone and did finding and a street display
all together. After finding and running into a million American
members, we went to the Mormon tabernacle choir concert! It was so
cool! It is amazing how good they sound. We didn't get to bet until
like 12 that night. I am still super tired.
Saturday we had a member appointment and we met with Gisela. Yesterday
was weird. Gisela came to church to say goodby. It made me cry. Then
we had another member appointment and met with Gisela again so she
could say goodby again.
It is so weird to think that I will not be in Germany much longer. It
makes me sad, but I am also so excited to see you all again. This week
I finished the Book of Mormon and was able to actually study my
scriptures because I wasn't reading super fast. I was reading the
introduction and thinking about faith and Beweis. I don't remember
where I read it, but somewhere I read something that brought me to the
conclusion that my faith and testimony is the Beweis that the Book of
Mormon is true and that God exists. Faith is so powerful and what is
so cool is that we can always deepen. It has been such a cool
experience to be forced to deepen my faith. Never have I questioned
what I believe more, but never before have I been more certain of what
I believe. God loves us. He has a plan. Christ is our brother and our
best friend.
Ich liebe euch! Wir sehen uns bald!
Liebe
Sister Carroll

A picture sent to me of the missionaries in Nürnberg by a spouse of a member of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir
Cool motorcycle at the street display

Motab! Don't worry. We were the very last row on the balcony. But it was still a way good seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment