Erin

Erin

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

MTC Week 1

Guten Tag! Es geht gut! Ich wissen viel mehr Deutsch jetzt! Ok I'll go back to English now. It has been so good! Did you get my letter? The MTC president told us to send you a letter then first night unless we were from out of the country, then we could email, so I just sent a letter. My companion is awesome! Sehr toll! Her name is Sister Roderer. She is 24 and went to school in New York for Flute performance. She is so  much fun! Oh and I guess I should probably tell you, we are the Sister Training Leaders for our branch/zone for the next 3 weeks. It is like the zone leaders only sisters. I am also senior companion for the next 3 weeks. Yikes. Why so much responsibility! It has been fun though. I have gotten to know the zone leaders really well which is also fun. 

On the plane I sat in front of an Elder going to the Berlin mission. He is in my branch. He is really nice. I also met a sister who I keep seeing everywhere! Her name is Sister Brown. Her cousins are the Welches and the Herrings. It was really funny when we found that out. I also saw Elder and Sister Larson before they left this week. I had forgotten they would be here so it was really fun to see them. I also saw an Elder Nisson? I don't remember exactly his last name but his first name is Adam and he was in elementary school with me in Mesa. I was in his class a few times. I don't remember which class, but both of us recognized each other.  

We have already had our first "investigator" His name is Maxim. He is from Oesterrich or Austria. He only speaks german. Luckily Sister Roderer's dad is from switzerland so she has grown up hearing German and is really good at it. We have had 4 lessons with Maxim. The first one was pretty awesome and I feel like they just keep getting worse. Ha I think it's supposed to work the other way, but I'll just go with it. For our lesson on Monday I explained so much in German that I didn't even know how to say! It was the coolest thing ever! I know Heavenly Father was helping me. Yesterday though, I had a lot harder time with my German. 

Yesterday we had a devotional and Elder Ballard came and spoke. It was so good! He talked about how we should memorize the first vision so we can say it with confidence. In our first lesson with MAxim  that is what we taught and it was hard because we taught our first lesson on Friday so we barely had time to get to know our companions, let alone memorize the first vision. But I had memorized the last line when God says, Dies ist mein geliebter Sohn. Ihn Hoere! " when I had to memorize it in English for mission prep. It was so cool to look Maxim in the eye and tell him the small part I had memorized. It really does bring the spirit. It was so cool! 

Sunday was really cool. All the sisters meet together to watch music and the spoken word then we have releif society as all the sisters at the MTC. We have sacrament meeting with our branch in the afternoon and everything is done in German. Everyone prepares a German talk and the President chooses people in the meeting. Even the sacrament prayers are said in German! It is awesome! Then we get to go and walk around the temple. I'm not allowed to disclose when that is because I am a sister training leader and need to be an example and not have friends meet me at the temple. Sorry :). It is really nice though because we just sit all day. And even when we are walking between classes it is under things and the buildings are so tall. I can barely see the mountains! It is terrible! 

I'm running out of time so I better stop. I will try to send some pictures. We are still learning how to use the computers. Ich leibe dich!
Liebe,

Sister Carroll
This is me and my companion sister Roderer

The sisters in my district and my roommates, Sister Sant, Sis. Neilson, Sister Roderer and me
Me and sister Roderer being rebels. Being a sister training leader means we get a phone that only calls the front desk.

The phone. We dont like it. We have to have it with us always and it feels so weird to have. We avoid touching it at all costs.

1 comment:

  1. wowwwwwww,,i just read it,,,,nice letter,,congrats family carrol...by the way your father lafe taught me the gospel with other 2 missionaries,,22 years ago,,,wooowww a long time ago.....go ahead sister carrol.....

    ReplyDelete