Erin

Erin

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

MTC Week 2

Hallo Familie!
What an awesome week! This week we decided that the German word for knife was not messer, it was toeten zeug or killing tool. We also declared war on Sis Sant and Sis Neilson. So I think you could say it was a very uplifting week. :) Actually it was a really awesome week.

We finished up teaching Maxim and turns out Maxim is not Maxim. He is actually Bruder Jones and is from Utah and is another teacher. We are now teaching Dani or Sis Garlick and Guenther or Bruder Hanson. We don't teach Guenther until Friday. But we have already taught Dani. She is so cool! She has already read the Book of Mormon and knows that it is a special book. We planed to teach her the Gospel of Christ but in the lesson switched to the restoration. It was so cool! I was able to explain all of it ok without too much help from Sister Roderer. My German is getting so much better! 

On Saterday we had service in the morning. Me and Sister Roderer cleaned vacums. We also vacumed, but most of our time was spent cleaning the vacums. It was an interesting assignment. I had dust all over me and my allergies were so bad for the rest of the day. It was way fun though.
On Sunday for sacrament meeting we all write talks and in the meeting  the President will just pick someone so we all have to be prepared. Well this sunday the topic was faith and I wrote my talk on what we had for FHE that one time where we talked about how Nephi always says and it came to pass. Just before we left to go to sacrament meeting the branch president asked me if my talk was done. I told him yes them clued in and asked if that meant I was speaking. His response was, "Do you really want to know the answere to that question?" So I gave a talk in sacrament meeting this week. In German. Terrifying. Everyone said they could understand me though so my german must not be too bad. 

I also memeorized the first vision yesterday in German! It is amazing the power that scripture has! I am still having trouble memorizing the purpose in German and I have the first vision down! There is great power in Joseph's words. I know it! It is the coolest thing ever!

I have also been getting lots better at praying in German. I say most of my prayers only in German unless I'm tired. It is cool to make connections between German and English. In English when we pray we say Thou hast. In German we talk to God the same way we would talk to our families so we use the informal you du which when you conjugate the verb for have it is du hast. That means that thou used to be like du in that it was informal and intimate. Like how you would talk to your familie members. Cool right?

We also had an awesome devotional last night. The speaker shared the scripture, 3Nephi 5:13. Such an AWESOME scripture. I feel like I should post it on everything! We also talked about how I am not on a mission because I chose to be here, although that does have some part. I am here because God called me to be here. God loves the people in Germany so much that he called me to be a missionary and to teach them about His love and plan for them. I am not on a mission because I want to be. I am here because God needs me to be here. It was cool to see that perspective. 

I love you guys so much! Have an amazing week!

Liebe
Sister Erin Carroll
Sister neilson decided to attack my desk with sticky notes.
all of us at the temple on sunday for our temple walk
my cupcakes from my friends. I shared with everyone. Elder Blau really liked them

No comments:

Post a Comment