Erin

Erin

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Half way to Germany!



I think I expirienced every emotion possioble this week. On Wednesday after emailing I fell asleep while writting letters and to wake me up Sister Roderer and Sis. neilson put an alarm clock by my head. I was so terrified when I woke up. I almost fell off the bed. It was so funny!

We started TRC this week. That is where we teach members as members. In German. One of the members we taught knows Lucy Barny! It totally made my day to hear that! It was so good. We do TRC every Thursday. Next Week we get to go to the Skype lab and teach people who are actually in Germany! I'm excited but scared. Those lessons are hard to prepare for because it is a whole different mindset of what the person needs. Thursday I also got a package from Madison! Lets just say it came at I time when I really needed it. It made my day. It is a really cool journal with letters in it and I think it is the coolest thing ever! All the sisters in my district really like it and they all want to read the letters. They also make sure I don't read them all at once. They are awesome!

This Friday I got to meet Sis Roderer's brother. He got home a week ago and the MTC lets missionaries who overlap set up a time to see each other. It was cool and Sister Roderer was way excited. On Friday Sis Sant and Sis Neilson both got packages. Sister Sant's was full of tons of candy and food. We shared with all the districts multiple times. I almost got trampled by the elders in district B. It was way fun! Sis Neilson got German CTR rings! THere were enough for the whole district! It is so cool! We all match. The elders were so excited about them! She also got German Article of Faith cards for all of us!  The elders were so excited about the CTR rings and so happy because Me and Sister Roderer got them all little presents last week that they got us cool German ribbons for our scriptures. I forgot to take a picture so maybe next week. I want to get some for my Bibel so then I will have matching ones. 

Saterday we did service again and we cleaned the showers. We started by having a photo shoot and getting the lady in charge of cleaning to laugh really hard at us. Then we used a hose and some cool foaming stuff to power wash the showers. Not really but we pretended. The other sisters where laughing at us. It was really fun. Saterday was a hard day. I am having a really hard time with the lessons. Speciically I have a really hard time teaching the Plan of Salvation. I don't know why, because that is one of my favorite things. I have a really hard time thinking of ways to convey my feelings for the Plan even in English so I think to have to do it in German is too overwhelming. Saterday was rough. 

But then everything was ok because Sunday was fast sunday! We had a "Mission Conference" for 2 hours but I didn't want it to end. I took 4 pages of notes! It was sooooooo good. Things were said and taught that I didn't even know I needed to hear! That keeps happening here. I go to devotionals or firesides and think, "I don't know how this will help me" and then they start speaking and I am just amazed at how hard everything hits me. They also called new sister training leaders and switched up the junior/senior companions. I don't have to interveiw the sisters this week! Interviews are so stressful and you have to be able to read people and it is not my skillset. But now I don't have to do it! the new sister leaders are sister peterson and sis helmick. Sister Helmick is a convert and the only member in her family. They are both so cool. I love them both so much and I know that they will be perfect for the job! And it's not me anymore so that is good too. It was a neat expirience though and it was cool to find ways to become friends with the other sisters. I  think Me and sister Roderer really were able to bring us all together as friends. 

Sunday night we watched Legacy. Every Sunday we can choose a movie to watch from like 4 provided so we watched Legacy. Have you guys seen it? Well there is a sort of love story in it and it should not be shown to missionaries. Everyone laughed so hard and they had to tell us to be reverent. It was so funny. Sunday night was also sad. Elder Terrell went home. We didn't get to say goodby and we really don't know the reason for it other than he needed to work things out. Talk about a kill joy. 

Monday you could feel the sadness. Everyone stayed happy and positive but especially when we had to tell Sis Garlick what happened with Elder Terrell, you could feel that everyone was just a little down. Monday we taught 2 lessons! We taught Dani and Guenther! It was cool and we got Dani to commit to be baptized! It was so fun! Ican't wait to go to German and to teach people for real!

So many other awesome things happened, butI'm almost out of time! I love you all! Ihr habt ein ganz tolles Woche! (terrible German sorry)
Liebe 
Sister Erin Carroll
My cool markings in my new German Scriptures

Me and Sister Jeppson Wearing the exact same clothes.

Me and sister Roderer and the new Sister training leaders Sister Helmick and Sister Peterson

All the sisters in our branch

Our district at the temple on sunday

Sister Helmick photo Bombing our district picture

Me and Elder Jenson who is really tall. Plus everyone else who is photo bomming because we are not allowed to be in pictures with just elders. Sister Sant really wanted a picture of the contrast

All the sisters in my district with our cool WDR rings!

Our service project on Saterday. We got to clean the showers. It was the best! We used a hose! I can't take serious pictures. Can't you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment