Erin

Erin

Friday, October 9, 2015

General Konferenz !!!!!!!!!

So isn't conference just amazing? That was most defiantly the best
part of the entire week! I love conference!
Außer conference, this week was pretty good. I had a split with Sister
Terry this week which was fun. And while on the split we got a call
from a number we didn't have saved. This guy on the other end
explained that he had seen us on a bus and that he wanted to meet with
U.S. Then he specifically asked to meet at our church. That was really
cool. We were able to meet with him on Friday and gave him a church
tour and ended up just teaching the first lesson! The spirit was so
strong! It was so cool! He is Catholic and he just isn't satisfied
with the Catholic Church so he chose to look into our church. He even
researched on lds.org! He is so cool.
This week we spent a lot of time lost. That was fun. I don't think
Sister Helmick thought it was as fun as I did, but I thought it was
fun. We got to see some really pretty parts of Herne. Ja we missed an
appointment, and ja we missed our service, but the member was really
understanding and we have service every other week so we will get
another opportunity to try to find this place. I think the best time
we were lost was when we were at Herne bahnhof and wanted to get to
the church. All we have to do is take a bus and it takes us basically
to the church. We got on a bus and I talked to this really cool guy
who gave me a German card game. Then sister Helmick was like "sister
Carroll we are getting off here." Turns out we took the right bus just
wrong Richtung. Sister Helmick felt really bad. I thought it was
awesome. And I got a cool game out of it! I also gave the man a Buch
Mormon. We tauscht.
Now to conference! It was so wonderful! Our ward was all going to
Dortmund to watch it with our stake so our district got together at
the Herne gemeindehaus to watch it. Me and sister Helmick got there
early and watched the women's session. Then we tried to watch the
Saturday morning session live, but the internet didn't like us so we
watched the women's session again with the  elders while sister
Helmick painted their faces. It was really fun. Sunday we all got to
the church and did studies together as a district. It was surprisingly
more effective than I thought it would be. Then we watched all the
sessions shown on Saturday including priesthood. We still need to find
time to watch the Sunday sessions. I think we are watching one during
district meeting on Tuesday. But what I saw was awesome! It was so
cool to see the new apostles get called. I can't wait to hear their
testimonies. I have heard they are way good. I loved how many of the
talks talked about how we can really talk to God. That we can ask him
anything and he will answer. This was something I knew but it was cool
to be reminded. And to be reminded that literally anything! I can
really have a conversation with God. I can ask and I can listen and he
will answer. I was reminded that perfect love is the best way to
teach. And that to be centered on Christ is the only way to really be
like Him. Just so many amazing gems from conference and I still have 2
sessions to watch! I can't wait!
I hope you all have a wonderful week! Thanks for being so awesome!
Don't forget that you are children of God and that he will answer you
and tell you what to watch out for. He loves you!
Ich liebe euch!
Sister Carroll

Us being lost. In the middle of nowhere too. :)

Me and sister Terry on our split. Both lessons we had that day were
with French guys. We thought French food was important for dinner.

Sister Helmick gets cold easily during studies. The heater wasn't good
enough for her.

Us Being lost

Us Being lost

The first night Of conference

Watching conference

Break between sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment