week then I sit down to email and I think "we did nothing this week."
But that's ok. I'll do my best to remember.
Tuesday night and Wednesday I was in Duisburg for a split with he
sister training leader. That was super fun. When we got there that
night it was snowing! Tuesday was super cold but it didn't really snow
in Herne. But in Duisburg it was snowing! That was super cool.
Wednesday night we got back to Herne just in time for dinner with the
JD or YW. It was super fun!
Thursday was thanksgiving! We didn't do anything special. But we
decided that since no one invited us over we would go to Bochum and
get dinner at the Weihnachtmarkt. There we actually met an American
family so we got to wish them a happy thanksgiving. Then we had
bratwurst for dinner. It was an awesome thanksgiving. Then we took a
poster around Bochum that said "wofür sind wir dankbar?" And we asked
everyone what they were thankful for and had them write it on sticky
notes and put it on the poster. It was awesome! We had people just so
grateful that we had asked them to think about that.
Thursday we also had Lebenshilfe which is a service project we do
every other week. I forgot to mention it last time. We go and we sing
with people who have special needs. It is so cool because since it is
Christmas time we sing Christmas songs! In German! I love it so much!i
think it is basically my favorite thing ever.
Friday we had the coolest lesson ever! Andre, the police officer I
think I mentioned earlier, has enjoyed meeting with us. We have just
assumed it was to practice his English. We asked him last week to be
baptized and his response was that he had already been baptized.mwe
met with him this week and this time brought a member who used to be a
police officer. He explained the concept of authority in police terms.
It was such a cool lesson. It started with Andre having amazing
comments on scriptures he had read that fit perfect with our Thema.
Then the member, who is known for just talking and talking and talking
about whatever he feels like, stayed quiet until we asked him to
explain authority. In the end Andre turned to us and said. That makes
sense. I understand now. He is willing to get baptized once he knows
the Book of Mormon is true, which is hopefully soon because he read
like 5 chapters in one day.
Sunday was the Erste Advent that means that there are 4 weeks until
Christmas. It is really a cool concept that I learned about. Germans
celebrate each of the four Sundays leading up to Christmas as a way to
look forward to Christ's coming. That plus the new Christmas video
came out! Did you watch it. It gets better every time you watch it.
Yesterday I was just so excited about Christ! He is really so amazing!
He is our savior and at his time of the year we really get to think
about that and share that with so many people. My favorite part of the
new video is when they say freut euch! Or rejoice! What better reason
to rejoice than because of Christ! Not even just because of his birth
or his death, but just because of him! He is amazing! I am so greatful
for Christ and this amazing time of the year.
Now that thanksgiving is over Weihnachten can officially start! Frohe
Weihnachten!
Ich liebe euch
Sister Carroll
#EinErretterIstGeboren
| Dinner with the JDs |
| Our grateful sign |
| Bruder Golnick teaching Nan how to play piano |
| Lunch with Nan |
| The thanksgiving dinner |
| Dortmund Weihnachtsmarkt |
| Dortmund Weihnachtsmarkt |
| What happens when elders get sisters' iPads. |
No comments:
Post a Comment