Erin

Erin

Monday, November 23, 2015

Weihnachtmarkt

I'm not really sure what we did this week. Nothing super amazing this week. It was cold. The Weihnachtsmarkt in Bochum opened this Thursday and we spent our dinner stunde on Saturday walking around. It was so cool! And really cold. But super cool! 
We were able to meet with Nan this week. She is super cool! We lost contact with her for the first half of the week, but we met on Saturday and she came to church on Sunday. She is amazing. It is so cool to hear her testimony, even though we don't know her super well. Although we are thinking we might move her baptism to next week because we have only met with her once and we won't be able to meet with her until Wednesday at the earliest. Plus he ward doesn't know she is getting baptized yet..... But she will get baptized!
We had a potential investigator call us this week. When we met with him he told us he needs our help. He wants us to find him a girl friend. He didn't want us to be his girlfriend, which was good, but he does want us to help him find someone. That was a really funny appointment!
We had zone training this week in Dortmund. It was really funny actually. You remember last time when we got called the night before for a Thema? Well this time we didn't get called! However when we got there, the zone leader announced, " now sister Schuring will give a Thema on the elders quorum". We thought it was a joke. Then we realized it wasn't a joke. Although it was still really funny.
Today we went to Essen and saw the Christmas Markt! It was so cool! I thought it was really cool. Everyone else thought it wasn't super cool. I just liked the whole Christmas aspect of it. I wish we could just live at the Christmas Markt! 
 This week we had a conference for all the Gemeinde rats or ward councils in the Europe area. Elder Ballard spoke along with the area presidency. One of the speakers said, " magnify does not mean to multiply. It often means to simplify." I though that was really cool. I also thought that went really good with what I have been studying this week. This week faith in Christ keeps showing up in my studies. Not just faith, but faith in Christ. There is a difference. Faith is simply who you trust. It builds confidence and helps us move forward in life. Faith in Christ, however is the thing that brings us to eternal salvation. We can't just have faith in God and hope to be saved. We need to have faith in our savior. That he is who he says he is and can do what he says he can do. Only faith in our Savior can bring us closer to him and help us reach the goal we have had all along.
Another thing mentioned at this conference that I thought was really funny was by Elder Ballard. He talked about how if we think we can get out of missionary work by dying, we are wrong. He said that the missionary work on the other side is no different than it is here. So he suggested that we get started now doing missionary work. He wants us to practice for the next life. I wish I had the actual quote because it was pretty funny, but I thought that was an interesting thought I wanted to share from what I learned this week.
 This week has been pretty good. Long and not super super eventful, but still good. Christmas is showing up everywhere and I love it! And it is starting to get really cold. Yesterday me and sister Schuring found ice ! My hands were also pretty red and numb. But I love it! 
I hope you all have wonderful weeks! Christmas video comes out Sunday! Make sure you watch it! And simplify don't multiply
Ich liebe euch!
Liebe
Sister Carroll 

Bochum Weihnachtmarkt
Essen Weihnachtmarkt




Essen Weihnachtmarkt
She said she was tired :)

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment