Erin

Erin

Monday, April 11, 2016

Coburg!


This week. I'm sure lots happened this week, but I can really only
remember this weekend. Miracle of the week comes actually from the
elders. We learned this week that God works in mysterious ways. The
elders have this investigator named Sylvia. She met with missionaries
a long time ago and told them eventually that she would call them when
she was ready to be baptized. Well last transfer she was ready and
called the elders. They met which her and she has really the desire to
be baptized. The problem was that she didn't want to tell her boy
friend and she was living with him. The elders told her she needed to
either get married and tell him or move out before she got baptized.
Well the elders met with her again this week. Apparently her boyfriend
died. Saddest miracle ever. But now she doesn't has to decide and can
be baptized.

Samson was baptized this week! He was so excited! He literally had a
countdown. We met with him every day this week and he would tell us
how many more days. Then on Friday he told us how many hours. He
looked so cool in his white clothes and I don't think I have ever seen
him smile so big! He got the Holy Ghost yesterday and called us today
just so happy with life! It was so amazing.

The other big thing that happened his week was transfers. We were told
that president would call for the leaders on Saturday around 2 and the
APs would call everyone else around 5. We started walking home after
samsons baptizm just after 1. We called the APs to tell them about the
baptism and asked them if they could just tell us about transfers
then. They said no. Then as we walked around the corner getting to our
apartment around 1:30. Then sister Baker pulled out the phone and was
like, sister Carroll its president! I didn't believe her but she
answered and put it on speaker. Basically the moral of the story is
that she is training. The bad part of that call was that I knew then
that I was getting transferred, but I didn't know to where. And I had
to wait until 5 but we did make a deal with the APs when we called them
that they would call us first because we had a baptism. Well I'm not
staying in Herne. Actually I'm going somewhere very different. I'm
going to Coburg! Coburg is in the Nuremberg stake. It has been closed
for two transfers, meaning there has been no sisters there for two
transfers. My new companions is sister Peterson, sister bakers MTC
companion. We will be opening the area. And the elder there is
training. So that means 3 new missionaries in one area. All I can
really say is that this is going to be an adventure.

This week as I have been studying, I have been doing a lot of reading
in the Book of Mormon. I finished it in German a few weeks ago and
decided I want to finish it again before I go home. I'm not very fast
at reading the Book of Mormon but it has been really cool to read it
fast recently because  it lets me really see the story. Nephi is
pretty cool. When his brothers are being dumb, he really just tells
them what he knows and really just tells them to do what they want.
Yesterday we ran into a man who sister Schuring had argued with on the
bus once. He is really rude and really just wants to argue. We were
waiting for our Bahn and he was trying so hard to argue. Finally I
told him that that is what he believed and we believed something
different and went back to figuring trains for transfers. He kept
trying to argue, but in the end he wasn't able to do much, mainly
because I was ignoring him, but it is amazing how when we want to
argue, we can. But if we don't want to, it is super easy to not to.
Not always mentally because we get angry and want to argue, but
ideally it works, just like Nephi.
I hope everyone has a good week! Next week I will be emailing you from Bayern!

Ich liebe euch!
Liebe
Sister Carroll
So terrible picture, but isn't he just so happy! And he even brought 3 friends!

Samson's Baptism

Herne Elders and Sister with Samson

He had the biggest smile all day!

I look so tiny next to Jens and Urs. 

We had brownies and ice cream last night!!


No comments:

Post a Comment