Thursday I went to Nürnberg! We had a split with our sister training leaders. We got up at 6 to catch a train at 6:30 to meet them so me and Sister John could get back in time for a service project. Coburg is in the middle of noewhere! But we had a really fun service project where we did farm work. And Nürnberg has public transportation that actually works! Friday we had Zone Training and afterwards we had interveiws with President. It was actually really fun, but we didnt even leave until 6 so we didnt get home until like 8:30. So much for dinner! Saterday we had some appointments, but they all fell out. So we spent the whole day helping a member clean out the church building. And when I say clean out, I mean move all the junk around to make it look organized. Not necessarily the best missionary day ever, but it was fun and we wore jeans the whole day!
Yesterday was probably the highlight of the week. Yesterday we met with a guy named Bramuel. He had met with the sisters before they left, and is really just looking for truth. It was such a spiritual lesson and it was just really fun. Also yesterday it snowed. Can't get much better than that. :)
Today we spent the day doing errands. I have successfully had to fix something with the shower in three different missionary appartments. We had cleaning checks this week, which was fun because the Ehepaar who does them is from the military area so we got peanutbutter and root beer. But since there have not been sisters in our appartment for a while, we also got a lot of nit picky things that we have to get fixed. Like the kitchen sink and the shower head. So today we called the Hausmeister and went to Obi to buy a new shower head. I even installed it myself! Although last time I fixed a shower, it just caused more problems, so I'll keep you updated. :)
This week my studies have really just been focused on the Book of Mormon. This week I made it through Jakob. Jakob 5 is really so interesting. I think you could just spend so much time learning so much from it. I love how in the alegory, Der Herr des Weingartens (The Lord of the Vineyard) is really so willing to work with the Knecht (servants). He doesnt just tell them to go and work, but he tells them, "Come, I love these trees and together we can see the fruit come. And it won't just be my fruit, but we will all rejoyce together." It just really makes you think about how we are the Lords hands. But we are not Sklaven (slaves), we are Knecht (servants). We work together with the Lord and together we accomplish so much. He is not going to force us to do anything for him, but he does ask that we help, and we dont need a nametag to help the Lord with his work. We can do it in so many different ways.
I hope you all have a fantastic week! See miracles! Be the Lords hands!
Ich liebe euch!
Sister Carroll
| Sister Peterson did not appreciate the snow like I did. |
| The shower I fixed |
No comments:
Post a Comment