Erin

Erin

Monday, June 20, 2016

Christ's Love

This week was a week. It wasn't a good week. It wasn't a bad week. It
was just a week. I honestly can't really tell you what we did either.
We had a split. I was in Nürnberg for a day. Wassam still is excited
about getting baptized. He just doesn't want to stop smoking. We are
still working on him having the change of heart. We had a street
display this week in Coburg. That was fun. Afterwards we all got
spaghetti Eis and sister Peterson convinced us all to get the big one,
which consisted of 6 scoops of ice cream. So. Much. Eis. It was crazy.
We got fed Arabic food this week. The only problem with it was that
Wassam was supposed to be there to translate. After waiting an hour he
still wasn't there so we ate without him. Basically everything was
said through hand motions. Trying to answer a question about the three
witnesses with only hand motions did not work well. And I'm not even
positive I understood the question. I ended up just handing them
restoration pamphlets in Arabic and let them read for a while. It was
awkward.
This week we got to teach relief society. I'm pretty sure that was the
most terrifying thing I have done my whole mission. Especially since
we planned it Sunday morning right before leaving to church. I'm
pretty sure God let time move a little faster during those 40 min. so
we had enough to fill the time. Winging a Thema in district meeting or
zone conference is much easier than winging one in relief society. We
read lots of scriptures. :)
It was cool though, because we were talking about bringing back the
lost sheep. As we were teaching the picture from the restoration
pamphlet came into mind. The one with Christ hugging the little lamb.
During call ins last night, the STLs asked about Christ's love. Again
this picture came to mind. I love that that picture is on the
restoration pamphlet. Christ loves us so much! The restoration is
evidence of that. I just finished 3 Nephi in both German and English.
Once you hit where Christ is speaking you can feel the change in love.
He has so much love for us. He just wants to give us a big hug and
hold us and never let us go, just like this lamb. All we have to do is
stop squirming. I just though was so cool.
Sorry this week was short. Nothing super exciting, but it was still
good and still Germany, so can't complain.
Ich liebe euch!
Liebe
Sister Carroll
Arabic food

I've decided to start packing.... Haha nur spaß! We needed to get the book of Mormons to the street display and suitcases have wheels. :)

Elder Hudson got abducted yesterday after church by some böse Knights. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment