So remember how last week I mentioned that we were meeting with a
random Arabic guy who had a friend call us? Well all day I just keep
having the feeling that it was a guy we had already met with before.
We finished emailing and headed to Bahnhof to wait for him. He finally
showed up and we totally had met with him before! It was Adil. Me and
sister Peterson contacted him one of our first few weeks here in
Coburg. He literally handed me his Ausweis so I could get all his
information. We met with him a few times, but he stopped showing up
and wouldn't come to church, so we gave up. Well turns out he was
actually interested and just forgot how to get to the church. So we
set up a time to meet in Tuesday to take him to the church.
Tuesday we wait for him in the stadt and when they finally show up it
was not only Adil and the translator, Wassam, but also a friend
Hussain. Just before we left to walk to the church, Wassam pulls a
family over and says, "They have some Christian beliefs, you will want
to meet with them. When do you have time?" So we set up an appointment
for Wednesday and went to the church. When we got ere, we sat down and
Wassam are told us that Adil was only Muslim because he grew up in
Iraq, but wanted to be Christian and wanted to know how to do it. So
we set a baptismal date for all three for the 2. July. Then we did a
church tour to show them the font, and at the end we checked to make
sure they understood what they had committed themselves to and we
said, "So is that ok if we work for the 2. July for all three of you?"
Wassam answered, "Three of us? There will be five! We have 2 more
friends." So that was miracle number one.
Then we left that appointment and went contacting on the fuß. As we
were walking we found this family from Slovak who I had met in Bamberg
about a month ago. I got their number to give as a referral and I gave
them a Buch Mormon. Well this time we found them in Coburg. Found out
they really don't have a place they live permanently. But they loved
the Buch Mormon and always had it with them and read every day from
it. We had 30 min before an appointment, so we ran home and picked up
another Slovak book and some pamphlets. Then we got on our bikes and
speed pedaled back to the stadt to give them the stuff. Unterwegs we
got stopped by some weird Buddist guy wearing a bed sheet as a shirt
and our phone was ringing every 30 seconds. We finally made it to our
appointment right on time. The appointment only lasted 15 min because.
He had to catch his train, but he wants to come to church. That was
tiring.
Wednesday the craziness just continued. So we met with that family
Wassam introduced us to. They were nice, but only speak Kurdisch. On
our way out, this other guy comes running out and Wassam was like, "oh
ja, they also speak Arabic. They want you to come over too. When do
you have time?" So we set an appointment for Friday.
Thursday we had zone konference in Nürnberg. We left Coburg at 7:12,
because the tech elders bought our tickets. That would not been the
train we would have picked, but we didn't have to buy the ticket, so
we were ok. Zone conference was really good. Then I had an interview
with president. Our train finally pulled into Coburg at 9:30. My brain
was so dead.
Friday we met with this other Arabic family. They are very Muslim.
This week I learned the power of referrals, because this family would
not have listened to us if we had stopped them on the street. We
wouldn't have stopped them on the street most likely. But they were so
respectful and willing to listen, because Wassam wants them to learn
about Christianity.
Saturday we were supposed to meet with Adil, Wassam, and Hussain
again, but no one showed up. When we called Wassam to see what was up
we got the text back, " I teake shaur " we gave up on waiting. Then we
weeded in Familie Wunderlich's garden. And had peanut butter and jelly
sandwiches, because Bruder Wunderlich got us basically the biggest
thing of peanut butter in the world. Then we had summer fest and Adil
showed up! We totally did not tell him about it, but he came! He needs
to learn how to read time.
Sunday Wassam came to church and smoked right in front of the church
so we had to tell him to go across the street. He came back in and
freaked out at us about the whole we don't smoke thing. We instantly
taught word of wisdom. He was having trouble accepting it so I told
him to ask God if it really did come from him. He told me he didn't
need to ask God if he should follow it or not. If I comes from God you
just do it. He is now following the word of wisdom as far as we know.
Wow that was lots sorry. But just so much! Today sister Peterson went
shopping. I read like 4.5 chapters in the Book of Mormon. I have
really just grown such a love for the Buch Mormon! It is so fun to
read. Not even the stories or the words, but simply e feeling I have
while reading it. It is so much fun! I love the Book of Mormon!
I hope you all have a good week! See miracles, but be careful what you
wish for, God tends to answer prayers in big ways sometimes :)
Ich liebe euch!
Liebe
Sister Carroll
MTC district plus elder Butler. |
Sister Peterson attempting to make some sort of dessert last night. (notice the peanut butter) |
No comments:
Post a Comment