Erin

Erin

Monday, July 13, 2015

6 months!

Believe it or not, tomorrow marks 6 months on my mission! I don't
believe it. After to,or row I have no more repeats. Before this I new
I would do it again, like with Easter or with beginning summer. But
now I only have to one o everything. Next year I will be home. So
weird. Some days that sounds good. Other days it sounds scary. It is
just always weird.
This week was pretty good. I don't really remember the beginning of
the week. Thursday we had zone training in Düsseldorf. That was really
good. It was super spiritual and we just talked about the restoration.
We watched the Joseph smith movie and that just like pumped me up. It
was so good. Then everyone who is going home shared their testimonies.
That was also really good.
Then Friday we died. Friday we had no desire to do anything. Neither
did the elders. That was really funny. Not really. We just try to
forget it. You know it is a bad day when your conversation includes,
"I was thinking, when I go home....." Ya bad day.
But it is ok, because Saturday we repented and had a pretty good day!
We met this family from Ireland. The mom had no desire to talk to us.
They already have a "Mormon bible" at home. But the little girl who
was probably about 7 just was so excited to see us. She wanted a
"Mormon bible" so bad. Her mom really didn't want her to have it, but
she was basically digging through my bag to find an English one. Once
I pulled it out she ripped it from my hands! It was so cool! She was
so excited to take it home to show all her friends! She even had a way
cute accent!
Sunday we met with this way cool girl named Laticia. She lives pretty
far away, but she was so cool! She is catholic and pretty happy there,
but really open to what we had to say.
Today we went to Düsseldorf to play soccer with the elders. It was
fun. I don't think sister Watkins liked it as much as I did, but we
still had fun. Not really sure if I have any good pictures this week.
Sorry.
This week I was studying and can across the idea of praying with
integrity. Well integrity is one of those things that you just don't
really know what it is, so I decided to just see if I could come up
with a definition so I figure out what it meant to pray with
integrity. Sometimes when I want to define things I find how you would
say it in German then translate it back. Guess what the German word
for integrity is. I DONT KNOW THERES TOO MANY!!!!! Literally my whole
personal study. The one I like though was the one used in Job.
Lauterkeit. In he dictionary it means 'nothing but'. So nothing but
me. Nothing but the pure spirit inside of me. When I pray, am I
praying as me, or as who I think I am. Heavenly Father knows us for
us. We can't put a face on without him knowing it. So might as well
pray as us. I thought that was really cool.
Well I hope everyone has a wonderful week! This last week was pretty beautiful. Rain most days. It was cold on Thursday. I have heard this next week is supposed to be hot again, but I have no idea. Its raining today.
Ich liebe euch!!!!
Sister Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment