Last Monday for Pday, me and Sister Watkins went to Köln to climb the Dome again since Sister Watkins hadnt done it yet. Then we went inside again so Sister Watkins could see it. Then on the way back to Bonn we stopped in Brühl to see the castle. We see it everytime we go to Köln on the train and me and Sister Bunderson always meant to go see it, but never did. Unfortunatly, like everything else cool here in Germany, it was closed on Monday. But we walked around in the garden outside for almost an hour! It was so cool and pretty! We kept calling it the Secret Garden, because it looked so much like how I would picture it! It was way cool. And it rained the whole time so that made it even better.
Tuesday we ran into Israel! He is a way cool investigator who never answeres his phone! We found him in Bonn and turns out he was in France. Deswegen he didnt answere his phone. But while he was in France, he met with missionaries! And went to church!!!! It was so cool! Then we got to meet with him on Friday and he was an hour and a half late to our appointment. He was a 20 min walk away, but decided to take the bus and the bus broke down so he just sat there until they finally told everyone to get off the bus. Dont know why he sat there so long, but he did. It ended up being a blessing though, because as he was walking up to meeti with us, he was on the phone with a friend. When he got off he turned to us and said, "Im sorry. I just found out that one of my friends just died. He jumped in front of the train to kill himself." Interesting way to start a lesson, but guess what lesson we had planed to teach him anyway! Erlösungs Plan!!!! We were kind of worried to teach it to him because he really tears appart what we say. Not in a mean way, just in a I want to make sure Im understanding it right way. We were worried we would have to get into so deeper doctrin that we dont know. But the whole time he just kept saying, "Really?! Thats the best news I have ever heard!!!!" It was just so cool! He was going to come to church yesterday, but he slept through his alarm so it didnt happen. He felt really bad. Hopefully next week!
This week we also ran into a guy who thought he was Jesus. The first time wasnt too bad because we were with the Elders and Elder Sollis just talked to him until he finally left. The second time it was just me and Sister Watkins, but that time he wasnt so set on convincing us he was Christ. He did ask me to marry him though..... Luckily we had an appointment to get to.
This week we saw the magic of the Buch Mormon again! I love seeing how powerful it is! We gave one to this guy named Wahid. He is Muslim. And super nice. We got his number and I was going to call him in a few days and the next day we get a text, " Hey this is Wahid the guy you gave that book to. Ive been reading it and would like some more information on it. Can we meet sometime?" MIRACLE! No one ever does that!!! It was so cool. Of course when we met with him it was really him telling us about the Muslim religion, but we have a return appointment with him so hopefully that goes somewhere.
I think the only other awesome thing this week was that some girls thought I was from Bayern. I got on the bus and sat down and this group of like 13 year old girls just stared at me. It was slightly awkward. I could tell they were reading my name tag and the cover of the Buch Mormon, and when one of them whispered Mormon I decieded I should say something. I told them breifly about our church because contakting 13 year olds is weird then let them get back to whatever they were doing. After a while they all quiet again and started whispering to eachother. I figured it was about me. One of them finally asked if I was from Bayern. I then talked to them a little more because they were nice. Then they got off. I was so excited that I got asked about being from somewhere in Germany though!! The goal is always anywhere but America. Anything but an English speaking country is also good, But I got Germany! They were also only 13 and just knew I sounded funny so they picked some place random to ask about, but still! I got Germany!
This week I have been studiying a lot about Charity. It is really a big part of everything we as members do. And especially as missionaries. I read a couple talkes this week and one was by Elder M Russel Ballard. I remember him giving the talk. He talked about Bees. It is called Anxiously Engaged. It just talked about us being so focused on serving others that that is all we think about. I liked what he said at the end. "It is my humble prayer, brothers and sisters, that we sill ask in our daily prayers for the inspiration to find someone for whom we can provide some meaningful service, including the service of sharing the gospel truths and our testimonies." I thought that was so cool. Missionary work really is missionary service. We SERVE missions. One of the greatest acts of love and service we can give to someone is to show them the gospel. Even when they are not nice back about it. I dont think I have even been treated more like dirt or an unwanted pest in my life! I just smile at some one sometimes and I get a glare like "dont you dare try to talk to me" But when I just smile back and not worry about it, or go out of my comfort zone to talk to someone who didnt glare at me first, that is when I am truely serving my mission. That is when I am really helping the people here in Germany.
I hope you all have a wonderful week! Dont melt in the Arizona heat too much. It may have only been really cold Saterday, but i wont rub it in. :) Ich liebe dich!
Liebe
Sister Carroll
P.S. Athi likes us again. She isnt mad at me any more. And she came to church yesterday, so we are making progress. Her family still being not nice to her, but she is still awesome. The Elders gave her a blessing last night. We are just loving her and trying to get her to stay in the church. Just so you know that she doesnt hate me anymore.
| Cool building on the way back from Köln |
| Our Secret Garden! |
| Us in the Secret Garten |
| The castle to our secret Garten |
![]() |
| Ice Cream with Athi |


No comments:
Post a Comment