I guess the main thing about this week was that Athi got mad at us. But then she was ok with us, just not with the church. Then I yelled at her for not comming to the church for a baptism and now she hates me. This is the cause of my bipolarness. I love Athi. Thats the hard part. You love the people, then when they use their agency, it is the most frustrating thing ever.
Something awesome this week though was Laeticia. She is a lady I stopped on the street at the end of a street display like a month ago. I gave her a Buch Mormon and got her number. Then she went out of town and wouldnt answere her phone. We finally got a hold of her and set up a time to meet last Sunday. She even sent us her address so we could come to her place. She lives way far from Bonn. 40 min with the train! Köln is only 30 min with the train! But then again, Bonn is a really big area. We met with her last Sunday and learned that her native languare was actually French. She has really good German though. We left and were just so happy because she was just so open to everything. She is Catholic and pretty set on that, but at the same time she is really open to what we have to say. Then she was super excited to have us come back and we told her we would get a French Buch Mormon for her. The problem was that we were out of French. So we called the elders. But elders are elders and after asking for it 3 times they still forgot up to 30 min before the train left. We went to meet with her again and appologized for not having French. We did the Restoration and she thought is made perfect sence and was really interesting. Then we met with her again Saterday and she had already started reading the German Buch Mormon and gotten to 1 Nephi 4! We finally had a French for her, but we just asked her about what she thought abaout the Buch Mormon. She mentioned how she liked that Nephi had such a personal relationship with God (never caught that before. Being taught by investigators is the best!) Then I asked if she had prayed to know if the Book of Mormon is the word of God. She asked what we ment specifically by prayer. So we read Moroni 10:3-5 and talked about how the Holy Ghost testifies of truth like the Buch Mormon. After reading Moroni, she stopped and was like, "Wow. That is so cool. I feel so moved. I didnt know I could feel like this!" We talked more about prayer then had to go catch our train so we had her say the closing prayer. Normally she prays like she is used to for the Catholic church, but this time she surprised us and prayed like we talked about! At the end of the prayer she was wipping away tears! Oh why do trains only come once an hour!!!!!! It was such a cool spiritual lesson! We get to meet with her later this week. Hopefully all continues to go well!
Then also on Saterday, after our awesome meeting with Laeticia, we went to the church for a baptism. The elders had an investigator who is Muslim get baptised. He is the coolest guy ever! His family told him that if he got baptised and came back home, they would kill him. He told them he didnt care and got baptised trotzdem. He even wants to serve a mission! The spirit was so strong at the baptism. The only problem was that I felt terrible. None of our investigators showed up and I had just yelled at Athi. I think it would have been a million times better if I hadnt had been so angry with Athi.
Thats something I have really learned this week. Maybe even just this weekend. How much your attitude affects how the spirit is with you. I was so excited when we went to go see Laeticia Saterday becasue 1) she is cool and 2) we had just ran into Gwen who we havent seen in forever. The spirit was so strong there. Then for the baptisem, I had just yelled at Athi and gotten really frustrated with one of our other investigators and was inwardly frustrated with one of the elders investigators, ( she is really cool and the elders lost thier phone so I had to call her to find her) The baptism was good, but not as good for me as it could have been. One of the fruits of the spirit is self control (Galater 5:4 or something like that. I have it written somewhere). When you can control how you feel,but still act in a loving way to people, that is when the spirit will be able to testify to them and they will feel bad for not listening. When I am angry, it doesnt work that way. Then it is me who feels bad for being angry.
I hope everyone has a wonderful week! Dont do anything doof to make the spirit leave you. Thats my goal this week :) Dont die in the heat! Ich liebe euch
Liebe
Sister Carroll
| Cool tan lines from my shoes. When it is sunny here, it is really sunny. I like it better when it is cloudy. |
| Me and Schwester Li. She invites us over for dinner sometimes. She is really funny. there is no way to describe Sch Li. |
| We finally got Bücher Momon!!!!!!! We have had only one in our appartment for the last 2 weeks! Do you know how hard it is to contact without the Book of Mormon! Ich hatte keine Lust! Thats how hard! |
No comments:
Post a Comment