Erin

Erin

Monday, May 2, 2016

Mai!!!

This week was actually really good and just full of little miracles.
Not even like miracles that I can explain, just little ways I knew
that God was looking after me.
This week we had some more appointments! It wasn't all just finding!
Still not the amount of appointments I am used to from Bonn or Herne,
but still doing pretty good. We surprised our sister training leaders
with our numbers this week. That was a good feeling.
One cool miracle this week was a lesson. We met his week with a lady
named Gisela. She was meeting with the sisters before and actually had
a baptismal date, but struggles with smoking and some other things.
Our first lesson with her was really awkward because we didn't know
each other and she smoked like 5 times in the lesson. But when we met
this week she only smoked once and it was a super good lesson. We had
made the appointment after our comp study and forgot to plan something
until 2 seconds before walking in the door. As we stopped to plan, her
friend who is usually there with her saw us and invited us in. So we
went in with absolutely no plan. We talked and asked about the week,
how things were going, und so weiter. Then she said something and I
felt like we needed to show the Wille Gottes video about the current
bush. After the video we sat in silence for about 30 seconds. Then her
friend was like, now you probably are going to ask what we thought.
Then the words just came out of my mouth, "not what you thought, what
you felt". From there we were able to talk about gods love and the
atonement and keeping comandments. She really opened up to us and
brought us an addiction recovery book the sisters had given her
before. By the end of the lesson the spirit was so strong and she was
so grateful we came. It was so cool to see that the lord was giving
the lesson, not us.
Another cool thing this week was that one day we had nothing. Like
literally nothing. I mean normally we have nothing, but something
about this day made it seem less than nothing. And yet when we started
the day, I knew we would see miracles. As we went through the day
nothing super big happened. No one committed to be baptized. We didn't
end up with any new investigators. Nothing super special happened. And
yet at the end of the day I knew God had lead our day. At the very end
of our day we were walking home. We had gone to do a vorbei, and
didn't want to wait for the bus, so we walked. Walking wasn't faster,
but it wasn't really slower either :) at the very end of the walk this
man stops us. "Mormons! " he was from Brazil and knew the church
there. I was trying to get his contact information and he proceeded to
tell is his life story. Only I don't think he told it in German and I
don't think it was in Englisch either. And I don't know Portuguese,
but I get this feeling it wasn't Portuguese either. I think it was a
mixture of all three. Didn't understand anything he said. Then his
friend rode by in a bike and he said hi and he friend stopped and we
ended up with his number and he wants to come to church. Super cool.
This week we also learned that your body speaks to you if you hold
your arm up and ask yes or no questions. Aren't relief society
activities so much fun?!
One more quick miracle comes from yesterday. First, we had a member
invite us over for lunch after church. MIRACLE! Haha. But since the
food wouldn't be done for a while she sent us out to do something else
and come back later. So we went contacting with the 9 year old
daughter. That was an adventure. Then we had a lesson with two men who
have a Muslim background. When we contacted the one a few weeks ago,
he really did not seem interested.after rescheduling multiple times we
finally met yesterday. He walked up with his friend, and we honestly
thought they were there to argue with us, just by the way they looked.
Really bad judging the book by the cover, but we did. Then we sat down
and they were so respectful and willing to learn. Some of the nicest
Muslims ever! It was such a cool lesson! And one of them texted us
happy Easter today. That was nice of him. :)
Today I was studying the talk given this last general conference by
elder Renlund. It is called, that I might draw all men unto me. It was
super good and just talks about needed to strengthen our relationship
with Christ. I think my favorite quote was, "To draw closer to the
Savior, we must increase our faith in Him, make and keep covenants,
and have the Holy Ghost with us. We must also act in faith, responding
to the spiritual direction we receive. All of these elements come
together in the sacrament. Indeed, the best way I know of to draw
closer to God is to prepare conscientiously and partake worthily of
the sacrament each week." The sacrament is really something that is
such a wonderful opportunity for us when we use it as that. It is
really hard to do. Especially when the 9 yr old who went contacting
with us sits between us. It can be really hard to make the sacrament
something aufbauendes . But it is such a blessing when we let it clean
us and prepare us to be closer to Christ.
Ich liebe euch! Wir sehen uns Sonntag!
Liebe
Sister Carroll

The Veste at night

Being lost

Dooring

Castle from today. Unfortunately it was closed and we just walked around the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment