Erin

Erin

Monday, May 23, 2016

Fall out....

This week was really good and really weird. This week literally
everything fell out. I feel like I say that a lot, but this time I
mean it. If all the appointments happened this week that were supposed
to have, we would have had like 15 appointments this week. But that
didn't happen. And yet somehow we were always busy and still have
ended up with pretty normal numbers. It was cool to see how God was
willing to help us achieve our goals even though he let everything
fall out. He just filled out time with things we were not expecting.
Exciting things that happened this week was that at one point or
another, we all almost died. This week we all, elders included,
decided to try out the bikes. The elders wanted to go by on someone
pretty far so they called and asked to borrow our bikes since they
don't have any. We gave them the keys and let them have an adventure.
When we met up later to get the keys back, they told us how they got
lost and rode into a swamp that was surrounded by plants that hurt
when you touch them. Well the next day we had everything fall out and
decided not only to contact a referral, but to ride our bikes there.
It should have been a really easy ride, and it was except the path we
took took us up a giant hill and into a forest. Bikes fell over
multiple times. Sister Peterson fell over multiple times. Needless to
say it took us like an hour and a half to get there and 15 minutes to
get back. On the way back it was so much fun! I was like flying down
the hill! I was going so fast. But the bottom of the hill turned, so I
had to turn. I skidded all over the place and was positive I was going
to crash super good. I was prepared to crash in the grass, but by some
miracle I survived and was still standing by the end.
In other exciting dying stories this week, we had a street display in
Bamberg! That was actually really fun. The dying part was afterwards
when we were at the church. We had finished cleaning up and were
getting ready to leave and for some reason Sister Peterson was on the
floor. Elder Diederich had a pen and told sister Peterson to close
cover her eyes. For some unknown reason she did. And for some unknown
reason elder Diederich dropped his pen in the middle of her forehead
and now she has a little red dot. Where it hit. The death by pen
doesn't end there. Last night during call ins, I was writing out
memorized scriptures in German as a continuation of my sprach studium
and sister Peterson was talking on the other side of the room on the
phone. She was being annoying so I threw my pen at her, but not super
hard or in an attempt to hurt her, just to scare her. So she threw it
back. Only she threw it so much harder and a lot more exact. Let's
just say that we have gotten comp unity down and have matching red
marks on our foreheads, only hers is more in the middle and mine is
bigger. Luckily we didn't poke anyone's eye out.
Other than just messing around, we actually did some work and there
was some spiritualness to the week. I've learned a lot about
missionary work these last few weeks and I have become very grateful
for  how my mission started. That I learned at the beginning of my
mission that if I want things I make them happen. If I want people on
the street to give me numbers, I ask. If I want new investigators, I
meet with them. Things won't just fall into my lap. If I am working
hard, God blesses me with miracles like that, but if I just wait for
them to it won't. And that is not just for missionary work. When we want
to accomplish something, we need to work for it. Then God will step in
and make it work. With any goal, with any project we want to
accomplish we need to start on our knees and work it out with God and
then we need to get on our feet and work with God. Otherwise, it just
won't get accomplished like we want to.
Sorry for the long email! Too many crazy stories! I hope you all have
a wonderful week! Ich liebe euch!
Liebe
Sister Carroll
The start of our bike adventure

Sister Peterson falling off her bike

A killer lady bug. It was actually really nice, but it just looks evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment