Erin

Erin

Monday, August 3, 2015

BONN!!!!!!!!!

So we had transfer calls this weekend...... IM STAYING IN BONN!!!!!!
Against everyone else's idea  that i would leave and Sister Watkins
would stay, I get to stay! Sister Watkins got transferred to Coberg.
That's down by Feucht. She is the new sister training leader there.
Sister Bunderson also got called as an STL. It was really funny
because even the ward was convinced I was leaving and I kept telling
people that sister Watkins was leaving and going to Duisberg which is
where the sister training leaders in our zone are. I told her she was
going to be a STL and no one believed me! I was right! We still are
amazed that I was right, because it made more sense for me to leave
Bonn. My new companion is Sister Gardner. No one knows a lot about
her, but we are pretty sure she only has 2 more transfers left. That
means in 6 weeks it is very likely I will be leaving. That or I stay
until after she leaves, which is less likely.
I'm trying to remember everything that happened this week. A lot of it
was everyone telling me I was leaving. We had a birthday party with
Athi last Monday. It was fun. Last p day we emailed then went to a
book store. ( German children's books are dangerous! I might have an
Eiskönigin book now) then we helped Athi set up for her party with the
elders. It was a fun party too. Some of the ward members came and we
just had lots of fun.
I guess the stressful thing about this week, besides transfers, was
that Athi is moving to Australia. The only really bad thing with that
is that Bishoff specifically told her not to go. She just doesn't have
the courage to tell that to her dad. We have been working really hard
to get her to stay. She will most likely leave.
We also have met some cool people. We met one really Muslim guy who is
really curious about our religion, he is just really Muslim. It is so
weird, because so much of what they believe is so similar to us. They
have just taken Christ out of everything. It is so sa
d.
This week Bruder and Schwester Nowak came to Bonn to visit. Apparently
Elder Sollis's dad served his mission here and it was right after sis
Nowak got baptized. He then stayed in the area for almost a year. Sis
Nowak calls him her missionary. They know Elder Sollis really well and
wanted to get us ice cream. It was really fun. And random.
This week me and Elder Sollis were quoting movies and happened to
quote Meet the Robinsons. We quoted the part," I have a big head and
little arms! I'm not quite sure how well this plan was thought
through!" Don't worry we were still focusing on missionary work. Elder
Sollis commented on how he must have bee the dinosaur when he was
being trained and his trainer was the guy controlling the dinosaur.
And how even now we are still the dinosaur and God is the one looking
at us messing up. He is just sitting there going " you are a freaking
t-Rex! All you have to do is eat the tiny boy! I set it up perfectly
for you and you still messed it up!" And we are just telling God," are
you sure this was a good idea?" God has given us so much potential. We
are set up so perfectly to conquere everything. Sometimes we just mess
up, but that is ok because God is so perfect  that heist able to help
us fix it and have another chance. So everyone be an awesome T-Rex
this week and live up to your potential!
Ich liebe dich!
Sister Carroll
Athens Birthday Party




She sent this in her pictures and I (Mom) thought it was cute.

Getting Ice Cream with the Nowaks and the Elders in Bonn.

Sister Nowak with the Elders and us in Bonn.

No comments:

Post a Comment