Im not really sure how to describe this week. Ive had lots better weeks. I think I can also say I have had worse weeks. I honestly cant really remember the beginning of this week because so much happened at the end of the week.
Monday we spent the whole day with Athi in Köln.
Tuesday we found snow in our appartment! Just kidding. We just wanted to be able to close the freezer so we had to scrape off all the ice built up in the freezer. There was so much! It looked like it had snowed! Then Tuesday night we went and looked at an appartment. That was weird. Right now the Bonn elder live in Euskirschen which is an hour away by train. President sent me and Sister Gardner to look at an appartment in Bonn for the elders. It was a really nice appartment. It was a way cool expirience, because the guy who lives there speaks spanish and English so the owner spoke English with him. But the guy spoke German with us! Even after we switched to English for this Spanish guy! We felt so accomplished.
I dont remember what happened Wednessday. Oh I guess we went chalking, bacause we had nothing else to do. That was really fun. We talked to so many people. Then the next day our zone leaders challenged us to double how many people we talked to. That didnt happen.
Thrusday was rough. EVERY appointment fell out. Even the Titz. We have them every week for lunch. We got there and no one was home. We got forgotten. That was a rough day.
Friday was not much better. Everything fell out again, but we had weekly planning which wouldnt be too bad except that me and Sister Gardner cant focus on anything so it lasted only like 4 hours.
Saturday. Oh Saturday. Just a disclaimer to Saturday. Everyone is ok. No one died. We are all still alive and able to do missionary work. Saturday we learned the German word for emergency room: die Notaufnahme. See Sister Garnder's kidney is weird and she has a history of Kidney stones. But that was like 4 years ago. Well it came back. Saturday morning we went and found a hospital in Germany and told the German nurses that Sister Gardner had Kidney stones and dealt with German nurses to get Sister Gardner pain medicine. The elders saved us and brought me food. And Sister Gardner a minion. We were there ALL day! Why? Good question? They just kept giving Sister Gardner pain medicine even though she had no more pain. We told them we wanted to leave and the doctor told us that she thought that was a bad idea for some weird reason. They wanted to keep Sister Gardner overnight and kick me our of the hospital. Thanks to President who is a doctor, elders who will do anything for us, and a stressed doctor who didnt want to deal with a group of teenagers trying to escape the hospital, we were able to finally to get home at like 10. I was so bored all day!
Sunday was not much better. Sister Gardner was still not feeling super. We went to church then went straight home so Sister Gardner could sleep. And we stayed in our appartment all day. Our appartment is really tiny. And I have a really short attention span. Yesterday when the elders called for our call-in, Elder Sauve asked if we were on something. We were so bored. I was so happy to leave our appartment this morning. Unfortunatly we still have to go to the doctor for Sister Gardner because something is still not perfekt. Dont worry! We will survive!
You would think with all my study time this weekend I would have some inspiring spirital thought. But like I said earlier, I cant focus on anything! One: Isaiah chapters in 2 Nephi are cool to read in another language with English next to it because it really makes you think about what is being said. 2: Read this cool talk called Perfection Pending by Russell M Nelson. In it he says, " men are that they might have joy - not guilt trips!" Perfection will come. Not now. Not tomorrow. But it will come. And it will only come through Christ. Turn to Him and rely fully on Him.
I love you guys! Have an amazing week NOT in the hospital!
Liebe
Sister Carroll
 |
| P-day with Athi at the Köln Cathedral |
 |
| Fighting with Athi |
 |
| Inside the Cathedral |
 |
| On top of the Cathedral - a little windy! |
 |
| LIVE TRUE!!!!! |
 |
| Snow in our appartment |
 |
| Elder Downs during DDM |
 |
| This is what a German hospital looks like. And this is the minion that Elder Sollis got Sister Gardner. |
 |
| More German hospital. This was our attempt to escape. |
 |
| THERES A LEGO STORE IN KÖLN!!!!!!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment