way possible. Sister Gardner explained it best when she said that it
feels so long just because so many amazing things happened. I don't
even know if I could tell you all the amazing things. I can't even
remember all the details. I just remember the feelings and I don't
think I can even get close to explaining all of how I feel!
Tuesday everything fell out. Which you think would mean that it was a
bad day and normally I would agree, but it was actually really good.
Even with fast kein Terminen and a language assessment, it was still
way good. We went to vorbei a less active in our ward out in the
middle of nowhere. We found a pumpkin patch and lots of really cool
trees. Then the member wasn't even there. Found out later from the
elders that they did not appreciate the note we left and would call
the police if we came back. Oops. But on the way back we decided to
talk to everyone since there was fast no one. So Sister Gardner
stopped this old guy to give him a card about the Weil Er Lebt video.
(The card happens to be blue) the conversation went something like:
Sis Gardner: we are just sharing this kurz film über Jesus Christus
Old guy: thanks! I like the color blue!
Sister Gardner: no it's about Christ.
Old guy: oh I know him! He has a heart for Kinder!
Then he walked away without the card. We are still really confused
about that whole conversation. It was just so random and funny!
Wednesday we had zone training. It was really weird because the whole
thing was on role plays and they wanted us to make the role plays real
so 8 people were picked to be investigators the whole time and to be
in normal clothes. Guess who the 2 sisters where that they picked to
participate?! Me and Sister Gardner got to wear normal clothes for the
whole 3 hour training! It was so weird. And president was there which
was also weird. It was really nice to be in jeans.
Thursday some how we ended up with 2 member eating appointments! One
for lunch and one for dinner. It was really fun.
Friday we got to go over to another members house just for a lesson.
They have 7 kids. The oldest is 15. Only some of them speak German.
The rest speak Spanish. It was chaos! We got showed every toy in the
whole house! All while trying to teach one of them about baptism
because he just turned 8! He has literally a 5 second attention span.
We also got to meet with Gwen on Friday. I love Gwen! She is a member
and she is just so cool! I feel like every time I talk to her I learn
something new.
Saturday we had a ward Sommerfest. It was so much fun! We had yummy
food and we got to play Sport the whole time with PV Kinder. I will
say that it is really hard to play soccer and badminton at the same
time. In a skirt. While avoiding millions of bees. But it was so much
fun! Our ward is just so amazing! We were also able to get Athi to
come which was good.except she got stung by a bee that she tried to
kill and she is not letting us live that one down.
Saturday night we met with this guy named Peter. Remember the guy who
came up to us and asked to meet with us? His name is Peter. He called
us this week to set up an appointment.(not normal) then we met with
him. He met with missionaries like 3-4 years ago and one of them tole
him that he had a light. Which is true his eyes just glow. It is
really cool. Well for the past 4 years he has been so confused by this
comment. He told us that he can't see himself glowing so he doesn't
know what his friend meant about this light. We were finally able to
clarify for him about the light of Christ. This guy is so cool! He is
literally the definition of "become as a little child" in the best way
possible. It was so cool.
All week we have been meeting with Athi. Talk about refiners fire! Her
testimony is so strong now that she has had to make the choice to pick
the church over her family. She has another plane ticket to India for
tonight. We are heading to Köln this afternoon to spend the day with
Athi so she doesn't have to worry about the ticket. She is so amazing!
Yesterday in FHV we had a really good lesson about the parable of the
sower. As I was listening, I made the coolest connection! This parable
and the Lehis dream are the same! I will send a pic of my notes from
personal study yesterday after church. It is so cool. They describe
the same types of people! The type of ground our heart is determine
how we are making our way towards the tree. Mind blowing!
I hope everyone has a wonderful week! I love you! Thanks for
everything you do for me! Ihr seid das Beste!
Liebe
Sister Carroll
Ward party
|
| Bruder Titz our GML (I'm guessing that's Ward Mission Leader) |
No comments:
Post a Comment