Erin

Erin

Monday, August 10, 2015

Wow it was crazy!

This week. Wow it was crazy! This week we actually had transfers so the first part of the week was getting Sister Watkins ready to leave and the last part was getting Sister Gardner introduced to the area.
Last Monday for Pday we went to Düsseldorf with our whole zone and we played on the beach of the Rhein. Dont worry, no one got in the water. We just had fun playing and sitting on the beach. 
Thursday I got to go to Frankfurt to pick up Sister Gardner. It was a much better situation than last time when I got left in Bonn and we had to find something fun to do with 5 missionaries. It was really fun because so many people from my MTC group got transfered, so they were all there too! And so was Sister Bunderson! I had so much fun! Also saw Elder Penrod (John) from BYU. His trainer is Elder McBride who used to be here in Euskirschen. That was cool. I didnt get to talk to him too long because we had to catch our train back to Bonn. 
Sister Gardner is way cool! She is from Pennsylvania and has 3 younger siblings. She only has 4 months left on her mission. She goes home in Dezember. We have so much fun together! We just get along really great and it has been so cool to teach with her. She was just in Frankfurt as the STL there. She is super excited to be in Bonn and just gets so excited when we daily plan because we actually have appointments and people to work with. It has bee really fun. 
I cant really think of any exciting stories. This week was just weird because of transfers and then we had a zone training too. Then today we are going on a split! Me and Sister Gardner are just starting out the transfer weird! We have been dealing with Athi. She didnt go to Austrailia, but now she is going to India. And I dont think we can talk her out of this one. We also met with Allegra, Inga and Aimee. Their dad is coming to Germany this week and they are going to ask him about baptism again. We are praying really hard for them! Our whole district is dealing with family issues. Athi´s familie is being weird. The elders had a baptism fall out because of familie issues. Three separate people. It is just so hard! We tell people how important families are and then we want them to just leave them and be shunned. FAMILIES!!!! I love them, but other people have annoying families sometimes.
Other silly random things this week: Stocked a few Zeuge Jehovas this morning by accident. They dont walk very fast and happened to be going the same way as us. They never knew we were behind them and it was so funny! Also taught a lesson with Elder Sollis as my companion yesterday in Sunday school. That was weird, but fun at the same time. It worked. Probably wont do that again. That was also really funny.
As far as what I studied this week, it came from our zone training. Our zone leaders were really trying to get us motivated and they shared quotes from the talk, Hastening the Lords Gameplan by Elder S Gifford Nielson from 2013 October. I read the whole thing afterwards and it is really good. God is just setting us up for the touchdown or the goal if we want to go European sports here (Tor auf Deutsch) We just have to choose to help him out. Elder Nielson gives a very specific game plan for us to follow. 
1. Specifically pray to bring someone closer to Christ and his Gosple every day
2. Pray for the missionaries serving in your area and thier investigators by name every day
3. Invite a friend to an activity in our out of your home
I liked the gameplan, because it is so easy. It does take some work, and if I was not a missionary, I wouldnt want to do it, but at the same time, now I see how little work that is. Everyone, members and nonmembers, need to come closer to Christ. Prayer is so easy. And an invite is only an invite. It doesnt hurt to ask. 
I hope everyone has a wonderful week! We will try to keep things under control here in Bonn! Bonn is just exploding with potential!
Ich liebe euch!
Liebe
Sister Carroll 
beach party from last week



Goodbye to Sister Watkins

Athi

New companion, Sister Gardner, with Athi
Me and Elder Sollis coming home from Düsseldorf on Friday. 1. No I am not leaning on his shoulder it just looks like that. 2. Yes that is a sticky note  on his forehead and yes we are on a train. We where playing a game. I had one too, but I guessed the name on it so I took it off for the picture. Missionaries are weird. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment