Erin

Erin

Monday, February 1, 2016

Faith

This week was a really interesting week. I got told a lot that I don't
know what I am talking about. I had multiple people not accept an
answer of I don't know or I don't understand everything. We had 2
street displays where I talked to some very Muslim and very Jehovah's
Witness people who told me that I pray to the devil.  So basically I
had a very testimony building week :)
Actually it was a way good week. This week we met with our
investigator from Iran, Masud. While we were planing the lesson that
morning I told sister Baker that we were going to set a baptismal date
with him. He wasn't even an investigator who I had thought to do that
with, but that morning I told sister Baker that we would. Well Masud
showed up forever late to the appointment so we had to cut it short,
but it was still a way good lesson. He told us about finding peace in
the Book of Mormon. Then I read alma 7:11-16 with him. Then I turned
to sister baker and told her to ask him to be baptized. She was a
little nervous, but after struggling to get the words out she asked
Masud if he would be baptized on March 19. He looked at us then said,
oh ja I could totally be ready by then. Sister Baker almost fell out
of her seat. It was hilarious.
Other things this week, I ran around church yesterday trying to talk
to basically everyone in the ward. Not on purpose, just trying to set
up things this week. It rained a lot. I got frustrated with our
gemeinderat (ward council). But nothing new.
This week because I was being told by everyone that I didn't have
enough proof for what I believe, I really looked at and studied faith.
Specifically faith verses facts. I looked at the conference talk faith
is by choice not by chance. And by looked at I mean I read the title
and still haven't read the rest of the talk. But it really made me
think. Facts can't explain God. He created the facts. We can't use them
to explain him. It was really cool to be reminded how simple and
powerful faith can be.
Well not lots of details from this week, but it was a good week. I
hope you have a good week! Ich liebe euch!
Sister Carroll

It rained. And the elders need new umbrellas

I organized our book of Mormons

No comments:

Post a Comment