was pretty good. Then I got to go on a split with Sister Roderer! Most
normal feeling split ever! It didn't even feel like a split. It just
felt like I was with my companion. It was so much fun! That meant
Thursday we were together all day. Thursday night we split back and
sister Baker forgot her stuff at the apartment in Duisburg so we had
to go get it. We finally walked into our apartment at 10:30 that
night. Well that was a good adventure.
The rest of the week was pretty good. Pretty normal. We met with Nan
this week. She will be moving to München in about a month, so we
talked about her setting a goal for when she wanted to be baptized by.
She thought that was a good idea. Still no date, but just a timeframe.
We also met with a guy named Paul this week. He was pretty
interesting. We started telling him hat God loves him and he stopped
us ad said that God loves people, but not him. By the end of the
lesson, we went from Restoration to plan of salvation to
qualifications of baptism to chastity to word of wisdom and even got
to telling him about relief society. All 5 lessons in one? Sure why
not? It was a crazy lesson, but at e same time it was a good spiritual
lesson.
Yesterday for Valentine's Day I ran around church putting stickers on
everyone that said you r loved. The best part of that is we have no
children in our ward and the average age is like 80. So I got some
really interesting responses. It was super fun. I also had to
translate for sacrament meeting and one of the JAEs spoke and she
shared a story about running into me in the stadt the day before. It
is super awkward translating a story about yourself.
Today it snowed!!!! It didn't stay, but when we went to go grocery
shopping it was snowing and it felt so cool to feel the snow on my
face! I was so excited! Sister Baker thought I was crazy. I just know
that this morning I had the song from Sound of Music where she sings
about snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes. I can agree now.
That is a pretty good favorite thing. Sadly sister Baker didn't know
that song.
This week I have really been thinking about Christ. Specifically, why
is Christ überhaupt important. So many people don't believe in him.
Pretty much everyone agrees that he was a person who lived because
there is historical proof for that, but why is the fact that he lived
so important. Why does that govern our lives. This is something I have
been really thinking about. For me it is just Christ. I don't need an
explanation. I just know he is important and that I need him. And
really that's where it goes to. That we absolutely need him. There is
no other way. And that is what makes him so special. He is the only
person who has or will ever have a perfect life. None of us will even
come close to matching what he did. Even if we are the most
competitive person in the world and want to one up Christ. It will
NEVER happen. That is why he is important. Along with the millions of
other reasons that just can't be expressed in words only in feelings.
So everyone needs to think about Christ and FEEL who he is and why he
is important. Because that is really the only way it works.
I hope everyone has a good week! See Wundern!
Ich liebe euch!
Liebe
Sister Carroll
| One of the few times we saw the sun this week |
| Amir likes to longboard. So does sister Baker. This was after a lesson with him |
| Good studies |
| SCHNEE!!!! |
We got flowers from our boyfriends for Valentine's Day! Or they found |

No comments:
Post a Comment