Erin

Erin

Monday, February 8, 2016

Miracles

Sister Baker just brings miracles. It has been so cool to see the work
move forward. I don't think I've ever seen so much success. Last
Monday instead of going to family home evening, we visited Amir. I
think I wrote about him before. He was the man from Iran who contacted
us in Bahnhof. Later we found out that he had met with missionaries
before but only once and like 10 years ago. Well we met with him on
Monday and we said an opening prayer and he was like, wow now the
spirit is here. That was super cool. Then we talked about the plan of
salvation and we're talking for a little and he talked about feeling
pure when he meets with us. Then I told him that he could feel even
more pure when he is baptized. He now has a baptismal date for the 19
March.
Also this week we met with Andre. We went to Schwester Nöskes because
she loves the plan of salvation and that is what we wanted to teach
Andre. Then we finished it and talked about how we need baptism to
reach the celestial kingdom. We asked him what he thought about that
and he said that he needed to be baptized. Then we asked when and he
said bald or soon. Then we said 5 March? And he said ok.
Sister baker brings miracles.
This week the elders also had a lady call them asking if she could be
baptized. It is just crazy how God prepares people.
This week we watched meet the Mormons as a ward activity. Our bishop
really liked it. It was way fun. And we had good snacks.
Today we went to Dortmund to see what was happening there for
Karnival. It was basically a want to be Weihnachtsmarkt, but we still
had fun
This week I was studying in 3 Nephi 18 and I found something super
interesting. He scripture mastery in verse 15 is Christ saying e same
thing to the people as he said to his disciples in the garden of
Gethsemini in Matt 26:41 watch and pray lest ye be tempted. I thought
that was a cool connection, especially since that phrase has always
intrigued me. Watch and pray. Pray and do something. Don't just pray.
Don't just watch. Do both. Otherwise you will be lead to temptation.
That doesn't mean that temptation isn't there when we watch and pray.
It just means that when we don't, we are easier to be deceived. We
need to remember that we are always in battle. While teaching Andre
this week I was reminded that in heaven there was a full on war, and
the war is not over. We are in enemy territory, but when we watch and
pray, we are able to protect ourselves better than otherwise. I just
thought that was cool. Prayer is important.
I hope you all have a good week. I feel like this is super random, but
that is kind of just how it goes through my head. Ich liebe euch!
Liebe
Sister Carroll
Singing with Bruder Gollnick

Karnival

Yes we all got onesies today.....

No comments:

Post a Comment